College Station, TX – The third edition of the CANIETI program comes to an end and the traditional ELI ceremony takes place. This year 54 students graduated from ELI including INTO by CANIETI Students (47) and the group of CANIETI Professionals (7).
Among the participants were Dr. Zenon Medina-Cetina, Director of the Yucatan Initiative, representatives from the Department of Research, Innovation, and Higher Education of Yucatan (SIIES), and the CANIETI delegation:
- Ms. Martha Ortega, Manager of the CANIETI Program
- Dr. Salvador Venegas-Andraca, Vice-President for Talent Development CANIETI
- Mr. Ricardo Bello, Yucatan Under-Secretary of Higher Education, Director of the Yucatan Initiative Project at SIIES
- Dr. Gildardo Sánchez, President of the Universidad Politecnica de Yucatan
- Dr. Alejandro Ramírez, Under-Secretary of Research and Innovation at SIIES
- Ms. Alicia Navarrete, Manager of International Programs at SIIES
This year the INTO by CANIETI program was extended to the Agriculture and Life Sciences College giving students the opportunity to participate in its laboratories and do hands-on research. In particular, 3 students were interned in the Soil and Crop Sciences Department this summer, view the complete note.
It’s also important to mention that more States from Mexico have joined this effort to support their best students to participate in the program including Jalisco, Hidalgo, San Luis Potosí, and Guanajuato.