Establish a baseline of information in a user-friendly, central database for soil and water resources; biota diversity, and socioeconomic status as these factors relate to food security.
Understanding the value of biodiversity in different scales of agriculture production.
A scaleable database will foster sustainable entrepreneurships and protect sensitive land, water, and biota.
Binational Target Problems
- Database for sustainable business models
- Driven by stakeholder inputs
- Land use recommendations
- Biota diversity (insects, plants, birds, etc)
- Enterprise development
Anticipated Results and Products
- Facilitate economic development that is sustainable
- Find impactful solutions to problems
- Student training
- Initiate a database of targeted baseline information –Land use – Biota diversity – Markets –Services – Rural culture
- Comprehensive needs assessment for agriculture in the Yucatan
- Development of need-based research projects