Identify influential factors and their relative importance on beef cattle production using modeling and simulation.
- Sensitivity analysis prior to the initiation of field projects
- Devise production system strategies such as 1st calf heifer, sexed sorted semen, mature size, selection of sires
Why is this project relevant?
- Investigate different production scenarios
- Assess the most profitable, efficient, and sustainable production strategy
Anticipated Results and Products
- Factors that affect cattle production:
- Environment conditions
- Cow genotype
- Forage quality
- Cow mature size
- Management practices
- Optimized production system for Yucatan